Friday, July 08, 2005

Sleazy movie characters and my limited visual memory



In the last week I've had two guys express interest in me only to realize later that I've replaced their faces in my memory with images of obscure, kind of sleazy-looking movie characters.

I've never had that great of a visual memory, but what does it say about me that I can remember what the parking garage attendant in Ferris Bueller's Day Off looked like but not the guy at Blockbuster I talked to yesterday? And I work with the other guy, so I see him at least once a day. Still, I replaced him with the image of the father from Pieces of April, which I saw about two years ago.

They do both kind of look like the actors (Richard Edson and Oliver Platt) but neither of them give off the greasy, sleazy vibe that the movie characters' images do. They may have made me feel a little trapped by trying so hard to be friendly, but that's awkward, not creepy. Am I screwed up?


No comments: