Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Meow

Oy. Googling yourself can be embarrassing. Googling former penpals, on the other hand...

It turns out my junior high penpal has posted a movie review I gave her years ago on her website. Browsing around, I find she's been busy: with help from her periodical publishing parents, she is living out her dream of becoming a professional writer without having to go to college or read books with difficult vocabulary. Proving she's fulfilled each of those goals, her online store lists her favorite authors as "The classics, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, and C.S. Lewis."

At the risk of exposing my own fatuous nonsense that is being hosted there, here's a link to her site: http://www.charitysplace.com/review/charitybishop.htm

Anyone who has a soft spot for the fictional offerings of Mr. McCune should check out her novels.

1 comment:

EBarney said...

Actually...
"Oh yes, and in case you're wondering: the woman in the picture is not me. I'm not crazy enough to post my photograph on line [sic], just in case there are any psychopathic fiends out there who would like to run me over for bashing the liberal media. If you must know, I bear a vague resemblance to a slender Kate Winslet in profile, but most of my expressions are stolen from Cate Blanchett, who I spend far too much time watching. Will you ever see a picture of me? I doubt it."

b/c lots of liberal psychopathic fiends enter photographs into their satellite spying programs and drive 20-50 miles into the middle of nowhere to strike down conservative webmasters...