Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Subconscious Soundtracks

This morning, after I surrendered to my snooze button and tumbled out of a dream that included arguing with my mother in an old diner, intelligible monkeys that wore Victorian clothing, Jane Austen's Bennet family, unlocking deceased children's rooms, photographing pink cosmos, and major house construction, I was getting dressed hurriedly and found myself quoting nursery rhymes in my mind.

"Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall/ Humpty Dumpty had a great fall/ All the kings' horses and all the kings' men / Couldn't put Humpty together again," it kept repeating.

Previous tracks from my drowsy subconscious:

"My name is Inigo Montoya! You killed my father! Prepare to die!" (also on repeat)

Video Killed the Radio Star
You Can't Take That Away From Me
Night and Day, by Cole Porter - all the verses, with chorus.

Does anyone else experience this? If you do, what do you hear?

1 comment:

EBarney said...

I love #3 - how did I neglect to discover her when you were around?